Sunday, May 22, 2005

What a Week (or two or three...)

I know, it's been quite a while since my last post. What can I say? I've been very busy.

I am now, officially, out of the academic world. And you know what? I'm happy about it. I'm in a place now where I think I can do some real good, both in my business life and in my community. Technically, I still have one academic application pending, but since I haven't heard anything from them in a couple of weeks, even with trying to follow up, I don't think they were terribly serious about me anyway. Instead, I just solidified a deal with the Owner/Operator of the McDonalds that I work for. I'm being put on the fast track for management training, and I think I'm up to the challenge. So, that's one part of my busy-ness.

On top of that, I'm principally writing two grant proposals that could turn into several hundred thousand dollars' worth of homeless assistance programs in my county. I wouldn't have been able to see the process through if I had to start thinking about moving. I'm still new to the grant-writing process, but I've done a lot with technical writing, and I know how to be clear and concise. This is an area with a definitive need for services, but no one has yet had the oomph to spearhead the process. It requires someone who's detail oriented and deadline driven--that's me to a T. So that's part two.

And I'm still reading and writing and thinking about religion. I may have further Thinking Christian posts, but not right this second. I'm busy thanking God for the reminder that "not even Solomon in all his splendor" was clothed as richly as the lilies of the field.

No comments: