Friday, February 25, 2005

So, what's with the title?

I'm sure some of you wonder about the title up there. I wanted something better than "Gina's blog" for sure, and I was looking around my house, trying to see what defined me. Best bet is the wall o' books in my dining room. We literally had bookshelves built completely covering one wall of the room, because we had too many books for our two six-foot shelves from Wally World. I thought that I could get buried under all those words...

And then there's the fact that, as a composition teacher, I get periodically flooded with my students' papers. Another avalanche of words, this time burying me in work. I could go on and on, but I'll stop here, because today was one of those days--I've got 30 papers on horror movies to grade by next Friday.

No comments: