Sunday, March 27, 2005

I know, I'm slow...

Things have been so busy this week that I've barely had time to think, let alone blog. For those of you who may not have been in on my mass emails:

I have a job interview in a week and a half with a small college in Georgia. This has taken a lot of my time and will continue to do so for a while, since I'm trying to make sure my portfolio is totally up to date before I head down there. I'm pulling together updates since last spring, so there's plenty to go through.

After the conference last week, I went straight into my school's spring break. Unfortunately, that meant working four days at my fast food job to try to pay the bills for said conference. Physically draining, since I haven't done that sort of physical labor since early January.

Plus, it was Holy Week. I didn't attend ALL of our church services (partly because who really wants to attend a 7AM outdoor service in Missouri in March?), but I still took the time to reflect on the season and the lessons I'm taking from it this year. At one point Thursday, I found myself praying for God to show me the path he wants me to take (with the job interview, my future, our family plans)...and it struck me that, on this same day, Jesus prayed "not my will, but Thine be done." That's where I need to be, and I think I'm getting close, especially on the job issue. There are a lot of good things I can do here, even if I don't become a professor. I just don't know what He wants me to do...so I have to wait to see what He lays before me.

No comments: