Sunday, June 01, 2014

Some days

There are some days where I feel like I might be getting this mom thing under control. It usually means that, within a week, D will be having a major meltdown and I'll be ready to tear out my hair... but I like when I feel like I'm getting it.

A few days ago, I put the little guy in his playpen so we could eat our dinners without having to chase him around the house. I filled my plate and started back to the living room when I noticed he was not only standing in the playpen, he had let go of the sides. I think when the words got out of my mouth, they went something like "ohmigod look look look LOOK!" He stood for a few seconds, grinned at me, then flopped down on his butt. He did it a few more times as we ate (and of course has not repeated since then).

These are the moments I have to remember when he's being recalcitrant about dinner or shrieking because the toy train can't push through the side of the laundry basket.

No comments: