Monday, September 19, 2005

Thumbs are Invisible

Yeah...that's right...invisible. I mean, really, how often do you THINK about your thumbs. You really don't know they're there, really don't notice them at all.

Until you hurt one.

I bent back my right thumbnail Thursday morning just enough to begin to separate it from the nailbed. Just enough to bleed.

And of course, I'm right-hand dominant.

Writing hurt. Typing wasn't too bad, but even putting pressure on the left side of the thumb was uncomfortable (the injury was more on the right side). Crocheting? Impossible.

I bumped EVERYTHING that day. I had trouble picking up individual sacks and lifting 4 oz. boxes of fries. I tried to dictate a stocklist rather than writing it down. And that doesn't even begin to describe the fun of navigating a belt, button, hook & eye, and zipper just to go pee. Luckily, I have a strong bladder.

Oh well. It's better now.

No comments: