Friday, June 07, 2013

Better day?

Apparently I'm flat exhausted. It's not surprising - I'm only sleeping about 2 hours at a stretch, which means even what sleep I get isn't that good. (It's something when you get up and the dogs don't even show interest in going outside because it hasn't been that long.) When I went to the doc today, I admitted that I'm feeling depressed. Don't think I need meds - there's not that much pregnancy left, and I'm not feeling like I'm a danger to myself or others - but I'm just so tired that I'm really struggling with everything else going on. And the disappointment of being sent home from the hospital just capped it off.

Things are continuing to progress, though, which is good, and David looked wonderful on the ultrasound today, even if we couldn't get him to cooperate enough for a good picture. I saw chubby cheeks, and he was trying to grasp his foot (which was up in front of his face - Jill, I keep telling you, he's doing the yoga, too!). Today was a growth profile, and all his bits and pieces looked good. Estimated current weight was 7 lbs. 7 oz., which is bigger than any of my siblings and I at birth - but we were all predictably tiny.

Took a nap when I got home, planning a long walk later before we get dinner. Today is a better day, and the really good day should be coming soon.

No comments: